Bringing a new child into the world is always going to be stressful. There are so many preparations to make that feeling a little anxiety now and then is inevitable. There is, however, one way you can help alleviate some of the stresses associated with pregnancy: ensuring you’re adequately prepared for the big day.
One way in which you can help stay prepared for your hospital visit is organising your bag in advance. What kind of clothes are you going to bring, for instance? Do you need to pack items for the baby too? Have you brought magazines or your iPod to help you relax while you wait?
In order to help you properly prepare for the big day, we’ve decided to compile a list of the essential items to be included in your hospital bag. We hope this helps.
– Dressing gown.
– Toiletries bag with toothbrush, hairbrush, soap, etc.
– Old t-shirt or night dress to wear while in labour.
– A sponge to cool you down.
– Lip balm.
– Spare towels.
– Box of sanitary pads.
– Extra, comfortable pillows.
– Hair clips or hair band if you have long hair – so as to keep your hair out of your face during labour.
– Books, magazines, iPad – to help relax you while you wait.
– Snacks and drinks.
– Mobile phone and charger.
-TENS pain relief machine (if you are using one).
– Outfit to go home in.
– Eye mask and earplugs to help you sleep in noisy ward.
– Nursing bras.
– Breast pads.
– Heavy-duty plastic bag to put dirty clothes in.
– A number of old or disposable knickers.
– Camera and charger.
For the Baby
– Blanket or wrap for going home.
– Number of vests or sleep suits.
– One pair of booties.
– Baby car seat.
Just remember: a bit of preparation can go a long way to ensuring that your big day is as stress-free as possible.